January 7, 2013
We respect your privacy
ONE will continue to review the Policy to ensure that it is relevant and remains current with changing laws, regulations and technologies, and reserves the right to change this Policy at any time. Our Policy will be kept up to date and clearly posted on the Site, and will be current as of the "Last modified date" set out above. However, while the Policy may change, ONE will treat your personal information in a manner consistent with the Policy under which it was collected, unless ONE has your consent to treat it differently.
What is Personal Information?
Personal information is any information about an identifiable person.
What Personal Information does ONE collect and how does ONE use this Personal Information?
ONE collects your personal information on the Site from you, to be used for the purposes identified to you at the time of collection (the "Identified Purposes"). For example, ONE may collect your first and last name, email address and subject of inquiry (e.g., information requests), for the purpose of responding to your specific requests for information.
To whom does ONE disclose Personal Information?
ONE will not disclose such information to other persons, other than as follows:
- To the extent required for the Identified Purposes, as described to you at the time of collection.
- To Members of ONE, in order to provide ONE service’s to you, who will treat your information in accordance with their respective privacy policies.
- To other third parties but only where and to the extent you give us your permission to do so.
What is Aggregate Information?
"Aggregate information" is standard web server/visitor traffic information, commonly referred to as 'aggregate information', regarding overall website traffic patterns. We do not report on individual user sessions. Web servers normally collect this type of basic information as part of their web log processes. This aggregate information does not identify you and thus does not constitute personal information.
In addition to information provided by our visitors we use the normal Internet tracking tools associated with standard Internet protocols and web–based systems. This system information is typically stored in log files and the information is used for aggregate reporting. Aggregate reporting includes total number of visitors, most visited sections, peak traffic times, etc. Log files are simply transaction records web servers maintain. Those logs are used for recording information, such as:
- service provider IP addresses;
- browser versions;
- referring websites;
- search terms used;
- average number of pages requested;
- average duration of visit;
- total visitor traffic.
We use aggregate information gathered from your visit to better design our website. This information supplies us with a broad picture of how people use our website in order to help the management of our systems and to better serve our audience.
How do we protect your personal information? Our commitment to data security!
In order to prevent unauthorized access, maintain the accuracy of your personal information and ensure that your personal information is used and disclosed only pursuant to this Policy, ONE strives to maintain physical, electronic, contractual and administrative safeguards to secure your personal information we collect from the Site with a level of security that is appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information collected.
What about practices of linked sites?
This privacy statement applies only to the Site. Please be aware that ONE is not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites to which it has links. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every website that requests personal information from you.
Cookies used by ONE, do not give us access to anything on your hard drive and cannot do anything to your computer. Cookies used by ONE are encrypted for security purposes to make any information in the cookie unreadable to anyone outside of ONE. ONE uses two types of cookies: session cookies (temporary) or persistent cookies (longer-term continuing use).
- Session cookies may be used to support on-line feedback/discussion, forms and registration and 'e-commerce/shopping cart' transactions. They are used only during your online session and expire when you close your browser. Without session cookies, moving around the Site could be much slower.
- Persistent cookies are different from session cookies because they are stored on your computer's hard drive for some length of time. They are usually used if you want us to remember information about your Web preferences and passwords for automatic log–in purposes.
For all inquiries as to your personal information, including requests to access or correct personal information, please send an e-mail to contactONE@ontario.ca.