This handbook will help you discover that not all e-business activities have to be complex or costly to achieve benefits. Those who are new to the world of e-business will find information and tools to help them get started.
Advanced E-Business Topics
This series of 16 booklets provide entrepreneurs and business owners with information on a range of advanced e-business topics. Grouped into four theme areas, they complement the introductory handbook How You Can Profit from E-Business.
Extending Your Reach
- Creating a Dynamic Web Presence
Explains how business owners can create interactive web sites to engage their target audiences.
- Increasing Traffic to Your Website Through Search Engine Optimization Techniques
Explores techniques to increase the volume of traffic to your website from potential customers using search engine optimization techniques.
- Integrating Mobile with Your Marketing Strategy
Describes how businesses can integrate mobile platforms with their marketing strategies to reach out to their customers and strengthen relationships.
- Social Media for Small Business
Focuses on using social media techniques to help you promote your business online.
- Blogs for Small Business
Examines the opportunities, benefits and how to’s of creating a successful blog to market your business.
Increasing Your Sales
- E-Commerce: Purchasing and Selling Online
Provides tips and strategies for attracting, serving and keeping your online customers.
Examines how to use the Internet to sell your products and services to customers in other countries.
- Internet Auctions and Virtual Malls
Explains how businesses can sell or buy online using Internet auctions or virtual malls where many sites are listed together.
- Customer Relationship Management
Helps business owners to understand the basics of customer relationship management.
- Successful Online Display Advertising
Discusses techniques to advertise your business over the Internet.
Reducing Your Costs
- Cloud Computing
Describes the benefits of cloud computing and what to consider when moving your business to the cloud.
- Open-Source Software
Reviews the benefits and limitations of the open source approach and includes a reference list of some of the most commonly used free software.
- Integrating Back Office Systems with E-Commerce
Explains how to integrate existing back office systems with e-commerce solutions such as online ordering and selling.
- How Business Can Use Internet Technology for Voice Communications
Describes using Internet technology for voice communication and discusses the kinds of options available and their benefits.
Informing Your Decisions
- Benefiting from accessible e-business practices explains why e-business and accessibility complement each other, and how you can begin to integrate accessibility into online activities. Part of Ontario’s e-Business Toolkit.
- The Legal and Privacy Issues of Doing E-Business
Discusses the legal and privacy considerations of doing business over the Internet.
- Online Sources of E-Business Information
Provides an overview of online information and resources on the topics covered in this set of booklets.